If you would like to make a slipstreamed media of TMG including SP2 you need to first make sure it’s SP1 Update 1. Let me give you a quick guide on how to do this.
Get hold of your TMG DVD, remember that there are two versions Standard or Enterprise Edition.
Extract the content of the DVD to a folder (in my example D:\TMG)
We need to download
- TMG SP1 ( KB981324) – (in my example to D:\SP1)
- TMG SP1 Update 1 (KB2288910) – (in my example to D:\Update1)
- TMG SP2 (KB2555840) – (in my example to D:\SP2)
Update 1 and SP2 is not in .msp format but in .exe so first you need to extract the msp using
- “TMG-KB2288910-amd64-ENU.exe /t D:\Update1″
- “TMG-KB2555840-amd64-ENU.exe /t D:\SP2″
Now we can start producing our slipstreamed DVD.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to D:\TMG\FPC.
- Add SP1 using
“msiexec /a MS_FPC_Server.msi /p D:\SP1\TMG-KB981324-AMD64-ENU.msp”
- Add Update 1 using
“msiexec /a MS_FPC_Server.msi /p D:\Update1\TMG-KB2288910-amd64-ENU.msp”
- Add SP2 using
“msiexec /a MS_FPC_Server.msi /p D:\SP2\TMG-KB2555840-amd64-ENU.msp”
- Use your favorite ISO tool and make a DVD from the content of D:\TMG
You now have a slipstreamed media of TMG that installs directly with version 7.0.9193.500.